Welcome to Thrive!
In this blog, Gallup editors and experts will keep you up to date and fully informed of all the health and wellbeing findings published in the pages of Gallup.com. We will provide data-driven insights into breaking health news from around the world.
If you are just discovering Gallup’s wellbeing work, here is what you need to know:
- Gallup surveys 1,000 Americans about their health and wellbeing every day, and has been doing so since January 2008, as part of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
- We release new wellbeing data daily including Americans' life evaluation and levels of happiness and stress, and we publish new articles weekly.
- Daily tracking allows us to provide the most up-to-date data in the United States on a wide variety of health issues, including obesity, diabetes, depression, cold, flu, and the uninsured.
- In total, Gallup asks Americans 55 individual health and wellbeing questions. You can review the full list here.
- Gallup also polls in more than 150 countries worldwide, measuring personal health, emotional experiences, and life evaluation, among hundreds of other things.
As soon as we have new wellbeing data or findings, we will be talking about them here, on Thrive. We will also make sure to give you Gallup’s empirical evidence related to top health stories in the news.
We welcome your ideas and questions any time and encourage you to engage in dialogue in the comments section of this blog or e-mail us at Gallup_News@gallup.com.
To get the latest news from Thrive as soon as it publishes, sign up for our feed via e-mail. Labels: depression, diabetes, health, obesity, uninsured, Well-Being Index, wellbeing